Old July 15th 10, 12:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Dalston J bus opening and ELL worry

On 15 July, 11:05, Tom Barry wrote:
eastender wrote:
Does anyone know when the bus station and rear exit at Dalston Junction
is opening? It's been finished as far as I can see for a while but the
staff have no idea when.

Also, there's still very few people on the ELL - at least when I've been
on it - eg changing from a grossly overcrowded Jubilee at Canada Water
yesterday at about 6.30pm and heading north - I'm worried services will
be cut.

E.

They can't cut the top bit without cutting the bottom bit, logically,
and from what I'm hearing people are preferring ELLX services into
Canada Water over Southeastern into London Bridge, so I think it's safe,
particularly if/when we get the step change in Jubilee capacity. *Also
the northern bit is very much a work in progress due to City office
construction projects, Crossrail, extension to High & I etc. *I don't
see any reason to suppose that it'll be any less successful than the
rest of the Overground once that's all in place.

Tom

When I see ELL trains at New Cross, there is never more than a handful
of people at any time of day. That branch seems to be getting less
use now than it ever did.

The other branch seems to be more successful, or more heavily used
anyway. Partly it's down to that being what's more likely to turn
up. I mean, if you turn up randomly at Forest Hill, there's more
chance that the first train will be going to Canada Water. That
doesn't really mean it's preferred, just that people get on what comes
and don't change.