Old October 24th 10, 11:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Best fare option for Putney-Reading, Reading-Waterloo

In article
,
(MIG) wrote:

On 24 Oct, 08:56, "tim...." wrote:
wrote in message

The alternatives appear to be Oyster Putney-Richmond, Day Return
Richmond-Reading and get off at Richmond on the way back to touch in
(touching out on the way there is no problem because I have to
change trains there anyway); or Day Return Waterloo-Reading.

Any other ideas? I need to be there before 9:30 and will leave after
15:45.

As it's only 80p more expensive to get a DR from Putney (over
Richmond), I would get that and suffer the break at Putney on the way
back

Getting off at Richmond on the way back wouldn't cause too much delay.
Doing so at Putney would, as one would have to change at Richmond anyway.
The Waterloo-Reading DR is £15.30, that from Putney £13.00. Hardly worth
the delay. I think you're confirming that the Waterloo- Reading DR option
is best.

tangent
I've just noticed that the off-peak LU fare from Richmond to Waterloo
is 10p more than the NR fare.
/tangent

More so with a Railcard.

--