Old December 29th 10, 10:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack[_3_] Jack[_3_] is offline

Default Contacting TFL (and use of gold card "registered" oyster cards)

On Dec 29, 8:29*pm, Tim Woodall wrote:
Can anyone point me to how you just "Ask a question" via the TFL
website about Oyster?

I can see how to "Make a complaint", "Make a Suggestion", "Say Thank
You", "Report some lost property", "Report a street fault" but other
than that I cannot see how to move forward.

But maybe some here can answer my question :-)

I (now) have registered my gold card on my PAYG oyster card. What I want
to know is whether I can let someone else use my Oyster card if I am
travelling with them (This is like buying a discounted rail ticket for
someone else when you have to travel with them).

My gold card covers Watford Junction to London Euston so, when I'm
travelling with someone else they could reasonably use my PAYG oyster
while I'm using my gold card for the same journey.

Tim.

and there was light.

*http://www.woodall.me.uk/

- there is no "ask a question" option - it is designed to promote the
FAQs (reducing customer contact = reducing costs)
- the answer is "no" - you can't lend your Oyster card to someone else
travelling with you between Watford Junction to Euston. The Oyster
card can only be used by you whilst it has the Gold Card discount
loaded and you need to carry your Gold Card with you whenever you use
the Oyster card to avoid the risk of penalty fare.