Old December 30th 10, 04:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected][_2_] google@woodall.me.uk[_2_] is offline

Default Contacting TFL (and use of gold card "registered" oyster cards)

Paul Scott wrote:
"Graham Harrison" wrote in message

In which case http://www.tfl.gov.uk/termsandconditions/899.aspx item 6.1.3
would appear to apply:

6.1.3. Unless it has a valid season ticket on it, you can transfer your
Oyster card to another person for them to pay as they go. If you have a
season ticket on your Oyster card, you cannot transfer it to anyone else
to pay as they go. If the Oyster card is registered/protected, it will
remain in your name and we will only be able to deal with any enquiries
about the Oyster card if made by you. You will still be responsible for
the Oyster card and any use made of it. We will not accept responsibility
for any losses arising out of the transfer and use of your Oyster card.

AIUI once you have a national railcard discount applied PAYG can no longer
be transferred. The railcard serial number is loaded onto the Oyster Card,
and so that ties it to an individual, I believe the second paragraph of
section 6.1.3 comes into play.

"If you have an Oyster photo card or Oyster card with a valid discount
concession on it, you cannot transfer it to anyone else."

Then there's also section 7.3.10 which includes:

"These discounts are only available to the cardholder. You must carry your
National Railcard with you at all times."

Thanks for those (unfortunately I cannot easily open the link as the
webserver is sending the wrong content-type header: it says "File is
an aspx file")

I'm not convinced that those completely and unambiguously exclude what
I would like to do (although I expect that it is prohibited)

I would argue that I'm not "transferring" my card to someone else, I'm
paying for them to travel with me.

This is akin to buying a ticket with a gold card discount for someone
else - they have to travel with the gold card holder.

Tim.