Old March 8th 11, 07:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default London Buses Run By The RATP

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 07:21:19 -0800 (PST), Paul
wrote:
Saw a London United bus on route 10 parked at the terminus at Kings
Cross this afternoon. Underneath the "London United " logo was the
logo for the RATP (Regie Autonome Des Transports Parisiens) which runs
the buses, metro, trams and RER in Paris.

This was news to me, at it remains to be seen what difference French
ownership might make.

Well, it's been French since 1997. Does it look like the logo on
http://www.lonutd.co.uk ? They need to "relooker" the title of the
site I think.

Worth noting that in Paris, two thirds of the buses stop running at
8:30pm, and only about half run on Sundays.

I always thought that odd, but then the geography, history, coverage
of the metro and travelling patterns are quite different.

I'm glad to hear that the logos have gone up already, I'm still
waiting to see one here. I think the RATP logo is a future classic of
graphic design. I hope it lasts as long as TfL's roundel, now making
a return on the buses, the hand that feeds should never have been
hidden away IMO. I wonder if the two can co-exist?

Richard.