Old March 30th 11, 12:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default New countdown sign locations

In message of Wed, 30 Mar
2011 13:13:29 in uk.transport.london, Jarle H Knudsen
writes
A list of new locations for bus countdown signs has been published by TfL:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...mes/11560.aspx

Thanks for that.

I think it's strange that Walthamstow Bus Station isn't on the list.
According to Wikipedia it's the third busiest bus station in London. There
are several other bus station on the list.

It certainly did not early in 2009, when I last looked at it.
In theory, available staff should mean that it is unnecessary.
In practice, station staff have no better information than customers.
I found this at White City.

I am delighted Hayes and Harlington Station will have one. I Used
Surface Transport customer services to confirm the stop to be
instrumented is "Towards Jeathrow or Hatton Cross".
TfL does not yet publish bus stop names and numbers.

Changing at HAY is sometimes a good interchange to Heathrow using
Heathrow Connect.

Oyster is not accepted between HAY and HXX.
I find the excess cost of HCon to Heathrow outrageous.

To and From Heathrow Airport: Single Fare Open Return
Hayes & Harlington £4.90 £9.80 Book at ticket office
London Paddington £8.50 £16.50 Book online

Be advised: "A penalty fares system is in operation on this route
between London Paddington and Hayes & Harlington. Please ensure you
purchase your ticket prior to boarding the train."
--
Walter Briscoe