Old June 13th 11, 11:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Strike contingency plan Walthamstow to Heathrow

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011, Robin wrote:

If minicabs are going to be difficult because of the tube strike, I'm
coming round to the idea of getting buses to Paddington as early as
possible. (Then HEx).

I agree - with the possible gloss that I'd possible make that "as late
as possible" - ie if possible

a. cancel the room in King William for the night of the 29th;
b. spend the money saved on the room in the bar, staying until as
late as possible (which may be very late if there are others in the
party still resident?);
c. stroll out to the 55 when the rest of the party insist in calling
it a night;
d. reckon on getting to Heathrow absurdly early - but also in good
time to drink lots of coffee to counter the effects of (b).

Splendid!

tom

--
shouting drunkenly about 6502 assembler at parties