Old February 10th 04, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Barry Salter Barry Salter is offline

Default New Tax Discs

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:07:15 +0000, Martin Rich
wrote:

Incidentally, something that I'd often wondered, and somebody here
might know. Do the London bus operators (and, for that matter,
anybody else with a big fleet of vehicles) just send somebody down to
the post office every month with a whole pile of tax disc renewal
forms and a company cheque? Or is there some more streamlined process
for bulk renewal?

Looking at the DVLA website, it seems there's some form of Electronic
Re-Registration process for Fleet operators, though it doesn't go into
specifics.

It is, of course, also possible that the poor old Office Junior could
get sent to the Post Office with a suitably large cheque (current rate
for most double deckers being £500 for 12 months, £330 for Midi Buses
[36 to 60 seats]), but extremely unlikely unless it's a very small
operation.

HTH,

Barry

--
Barry Salter, barry at southie dot me dot uk
Read uk.* newsgroups? Read uk.net.news.announce!

DISCLAIMER: The above comments do not necessarily represent the
views of my employers.