Old February 11th 04, 06:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew P Smith Andrew P Smith is offline

Default Why People Won't Use Public Transport in London

In article , Cast_Iron
writes
Andrew P Smith wrote:
In article , Matt
Ashby writes

3 million people use the Tube every day (plus 155,000 on
the DLR). 5.4 million people a day use the buses. If you find
anyone who uses a car despite having access to public
transport, you've found a) someone in the minority and b)
someone who likes sitting in traffic jams behind delivery
trucks and transit vans.

WHY would you want to convince someone that being in a
car is better than being on public transport, when it's slower,
causes more problems for other people and does more
damage to the environment?

So Matt

Can you please explain how I can travel on public transport with 150kg
of demo kit in 6 flight cases along with associated literature, cable
sets etc.

When I can use the tube I do, but with all that lot it's just not
possible.

Did anyone suggest you should carry that lot on the underground?

The suggestion was anti car, I can't do my job without my car (or a
small van etc).
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this