Old August 5th 11, 01:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default RAIB Investigation into an incident at Warren Street station, Victoria Line, London Underground, 11 July 2011

[x-posted to utl]

"Roland Perry" wrote:

In message ,
at 12:20:19 on Fri, 5 Aug 2011, Steve remarked:
I believe this was discussed on here at the time:
http://www.raib.gov.uk/publications/current_investigations_register/110711_warren_street.cfm

"The RAIB’s preliminary examination has found that a sensitive edge
activation occurred at the previous station, Oxford Circus, which the
driver departed from by overriding the sensitive edge activation. The
activation did not clear when the train arrived at Warren Street station
because the platform was on the other side of the train, so the doors used
at Oxford Circus were not opened. In order to depart from Warren Street
station, the driver isolated safety systems which allowed the train to
move with the doors open. Once the train reached 8 km/h (5 mph) the doors
closed automatically, as designed."

Sensitive edge a bit too sensitive and thus liable to regular overrides?

I don't entirely follow the exact sequence of events regarding what happened
at Warren St (and the second override), but I imagine the full report will
set this out clearly.