Old August 20th 11, 12:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_3_] Clive Page[_3_] is offline

Default Do out-of-London bus passes work on London bus touch-pads?

Since I'm over 60 and living in England outside London I have an over-60
bus pass, which our local council persists in calling a Smart Card. It
does indeed contains an RFID chip which is supposed to be
ITSO-compliant. I was told my an apparent expert on my local Council
that it ought to work on the touch-pads on London buses, which are
designed to cope with Oyster cards and Freedom Passes and maybe more.
I just tried mine yesterday on a number 9 bus but it did not work (of
course I was able to board as soon as I showed the driver the front of
the card).

Does anyone else from outside the London Freedom Pass area but who holds
a Bus Pass know if it works on buses in London (or anywhere else, I've
had problems with mine in Oxford too)?

--
Clive Page