Old February 12th 04, 10:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Eighteen LU trains damaged at Farringdon...

James Farrar wrote in message ...
John Rowland wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...portaltop.html

Which contains the following utterly unsurprising line:

Bobby Law, London Regional Organiser of the Rail Maritime and
Transport union blamed the "dangers" of the public private partnership
(PPP) and its "complex web" of sub-contractors.

Who would have guessed the RMT bod would say something like that?

Much as the unions irritate me with the insincere sanctamonious sermonising
that they regularly inflict upon us, in this case I think they're right.
They doesn't seem to have been any benefit to PPP (other than to the
treasury) and in fact things do seem to have got slightly worse. Just my
opinion anyway.

B2003