Old August 31st 11, 10:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Stratford International line - almost open!?

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:36:18 -0700 (PDT), The Gardener
wrote:

I checked the TfL journey planner today and it showed that the
service was running, so I went to have a look and found no service
(well, no passenger service - only a "ghost" service was running).
The service seemed to be Stratford International - Woolwich Arsenal
every 10 minutes.

Yep I did the same. It was running to Beckton when I was there off
peak.

I asked a TfL employee at Stratford if he knew when it was
due to open and he said that it should have opened today and told me
that a loaded train had been ready to leave Woolwich Arsenal earlier
but for reasons unknown, it was cancelled and the pax turfed off.

Hmm I'd be very surprised about that.

Opening manana, perhaps?

Allegedly mid morning [1] but I'm not going to hold my breath ;-)

[1] according to comments on other blogs.

Apparently, it really is, finally, open:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14727813