Old September 5th 11, 01:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jamie Thompson Jamie Thompson is offline

Default Countdown Regenerated...

On Sep 4, 11:59*pm, Mizter T wrote:
See my other post - there's an m-prefixed mobile version.

Indeed, I just saw the link in the London Reconnections
comments...lovely!

Also not sure what you mean about linking directly to a given bus stop
- you can bookmark each bus stop's individual page, and you can also
search for a specific bus stop using either the bus stop's name or
unique 5-digit code.

On the desktop version it's unfortunately all Javascript-heavy with no
real hyperlinks anywhere, so no pages to bookmark.

...and has tiny tiny buttons. TfL could do with some usability
experts ...would be nice if it used the browser's location API to
give you a choice of bus stops near to where you are too...

The latter is provided for with the mobile version of the site, as
there's a "Show stops near me" button on the Front page - though
whether that option is shown or not might depend on whether or not
such a location service is available using that connection / device
(note that one can also view mobile sites by using the "wmlbrowser"
add-on in Firefox).

Indeed. That's what I call service. Not bad for a few hours

I still have to use the bus stop at the other end of the High Road as
my data point though, as that's where the boundary with London is. OK
for buses heading towards you from it...not so useful for those
heading towards it. The system clearly has to operate all the time
(otherwise how would it know when buses beyond the boundary were due
to reach the first stop past it!), so I'm disappointed they seem to be
hiding the stops beyond the boundary. Guess I should be grateful I
have a single stop where the two TfL routes converge so I can get both
sets of data at once...not including major interchanges like Watford
Junction and Bushey station does seems deliberately awkward though.