Old October 15th 11, 06:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] tshanazt@aol.com is offline

Default Baker St.(Met) and Met operations

On Oct 15, 5:07*pm, allantracy wrote:
Not sure of the exact proportion, or where from, but yes several Met
services every hour terminate at Baker Street - it may be close to a
third.

Sure, but I'm presuming that they terminate in the dead-end platforms.
What I'm wondering is whether the two "through" platforms *can* be
used for terminating trains (e.g. if services were temporarily
suspended between Baker St. and Aldgate).

I always find Baker St to be a bit of a pain, changing and traveling
onwards eastbound, trying to second guess which platform is going to
have the next service.

Agreed. Paddington can also be a bit irksome. If you're not heading to/
from the mainline station but travelling from say King's Cross you've
the option of changing trains at Edgware Road and getting a convenient
exit at Pad or travelling on a through train which decants you at the
back of beyond in the main station.

--
gordon