Old October 24th 11, 03:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Tube Plan To Axe 1,500 Jobs And Close All But 30 Ticket Offices

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

"Recliner" wrote in message

Yes, that's pretty much what it says. I think the operator will
still be in charge of closing the doors, but won't normally sit in
the cab (in fact, future trains may not have a cab as such).

OTOH all the trains currently being introduced check the doors by
using a bank of CCTV monitors in the cab, with the pictures provided
by fixed cameras all the way down the platform. They aren't likely
to replicate that feature at a number of positions all the way down
the train, so even with full ATO, I expect the proposed DLR style
'door closer' is still going to sit in the cab.

Yes, I wondered about that. Of course, from a centre position, the
operator could probably see all the doors anyway on a straight platform.
So perhaps the controls would, at most, be placed at a couple of
positions down the train, as well as at the cab end (where there would
obviously be additional controls locked away in a cabinet).