Old October 24th 11, 06:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Tube Plan To Axe 1,500 Jobs And Close All But 30 Ticket Offices

On 24/10/2011 18:01, Paul Corfield wrote:

I'm not sure how Hong Kong MTR is proceeding but the new South Island
line will probably be fully automatic given it is physically separate
from other MTR lines. I'd expect the MTR will make the move to full
automation at some point when control system and rolling stock renewal
permit it.

"CNR Changchun has announced a HK$1·4bn contract to supply driverless
metro trains for Hong Kong MTR's future West Island and South Island
lines", according to
http://www.railwaygazette.com/nc/new...ss-trains.html

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK