Old October 26th 11, 07:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default Tube Plan To Axe 1,500 Jobs And Close All But 30 Ticket Offices

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:01:26 +0100, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

On 24/10/2011 19:11, Paul wrote:
It
would be difficult to imagine an automated Circle Line and a non
automated District Line running side by side.

Nuremberg has automatic and conventionally-driven trains sharing tracks
for part of their route.

A little easier for them given the lack of platform-edge doors I
suppose - I find that a bit odd.

As ATO and ATP are usually separate systems these days (so trains can
be driven manually at full speed) it should be possible here if the
"manual" train has the right ATP. I wonder how we got, or rather
kept, the situation where different ex-infracos are installing
different systems.

Richard.