Old February 17th 04, 12:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default South West Trains over District Line south of East Putney

Martin J wrote:
When at Putney Bridge yesterday afternoon, I noticed a sign saying reduced
Tube service over the coming or next weekend since South West trains would
be diverted over this route. I remember from my observations now vs. the
late '80s that the link from Wandsworth Town to East Putney is not even 2
way as the viaducts over the main line have been demolished. How are they
going to achieve any service with only 1 line up from Wandsworth Town to
East Putney?

Blimey they did this one weekend last month (alas the one weekend I
needed to use SWT). They ran a shuttle from Wimbledon to Waterloo. I
suppose they just make sure that 2 trains don't use the slip from one
line to the other and LU trains are kept in the platform. There are
presumably points at each end.

The train I was on stopped and picked up (some confused) passengers at
Wimbledon Park