Old January 17th 12, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_2_] Basil Jet[_2_] is offline

Default Boris approves third Blackwall tunnel and new ferry in Thamesmead

On 2012\01\17 09:51, Bruce wrote:
Jarle H wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 18:49:45 +0000, Bruce wrote:
As for the Beckton to Thamesmead car ferry. what a laugh! The
Woolwich Ferry has been recognised for years as an almost completely
irrelevant transport link, so let's build another one! You could not
make this up. It is all about electioneering, no more and no less.

If Wikipedia is to be believed, it is common for vehicles to have to queue
beyond the next ferry departure. When people are willing to wait instead of
crossing elsewhere, I would say it as a relevant transport link.

You are entitled to be just as stupid as you wish, and I have
absolutely no right to stop you.

I thought his comment was most useful.