Old May 29th 12, 11:05 PM
Annoyed of London Annoyed of London is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offramp View Post
It looks pretty old; was it there before the bus stop?
I live around the corner from the bus stop, and it was always in full working order everyday I went to school at Moor Lane from 1985 - 1989.

Even back then I was told it was a pretty old clock.

That piece of land has been a bus stop for at least 40 years, almost certainly longer. Before route 71 came into existence, the 65 ran from Chessington Zoo to Ealing Broadway and served this stop on the Chessington-bound journey.