Old February 28th 04, 11:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default The nuances of Earl's Court mapped

In article ,
Tom Anderson writes
Looking at a classic tube map, you might naively conclude that there are
District line trains from Edgware Road to Richmond and Ealing Broadway,
which there aren't. I was pleased to see that my new A-Z shows the truth:
it draws the lines around Earl's Court to make it clear that trains from
Edgware Road only go to Wimbledon.

This version isn't on TfL's website (yet), but it essentially looks just
like John Rowland's homebrew:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acro...wimbleware.gif

The standard Diagram has shown it like this (though in one colour) for
quite some time; a year or so, I think.

Incidentally, is this the case for technical or operational reasons?

Only C stock can run north of High Street Kensington, and there's only a
limited amount of that. It's probably easier to plan train diagrams if
all that stock runs a single route rather than being split among routes.
Since the Wimbledon branch sees more traffic, and needs more trains,
than the others, it makes sense to make Wimbleware the sole C-stock
route.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: