Old July 6th 12, 05:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Alistair Gunn Alistair Gunn is offline

Default Devolved franchising powers & Leeds Trolleybus

In uk.railway d twisted the electrons to say:
I wonder if they'll keep it cheap and simple and buy a tried and tested
reliable off the shelf system from europe or go with the usual "the UK
operating enviroment is a special case so we need to design everything from
scratch" idiocy?

I thought the usual UK idiocy was to say you where going to buy off the
shelf to keep costs down, but then to insist on the product being
customised to meet local needs?