Old August 25th 12, 11:42 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default Drivers telling passengers to use the emergency buttons...

wrote in message
On 25/08/2012 14:20, Graham Harrison wrote:

"Ernesto" wrote in message
Hi all,

I've seen this increase over the past few months - drivers unwilling
to open their doors between stops, but instead telling passengers they
can press the emergency door control button themselves to alight from
the bus.

Anyone else seen this? Thoughts???

E.
--
"It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have..."

In different circumstances I've had exactly the opposite. Maybe 2/3
years ago a vintage double decker with open platform right next to the
pavement stuck in a traffic jam and the conductor point blank refused to
allow me to get off.

Why didn't you just push past him? Were customers not allowed to alight
from a Routemaster if the bus had come to a full stop in traffic?

He was standing with his hands on the stanchions either side of the platform
with his back to the centre pole. I used the word Vintage deliberately; it
was not a PSV operation but a private operation from city centre to what
I'll call an attraction on the outskirts. Had I pushed by there was a
significant risk one, or both, of us might have been hurt in the resulting
tumble from the bus.