Old November 19th 12, 09:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default shock, horror: few commuters using dangleway

On 18/11/2012 22:46, Neil Williams wrote:
Mizter T wrote:

"It's public transport." Hmm...

In what way is it not? And if it is not, what are TfL doing getting
involved in it? Things that aren't public transport (e.g tour buses) are
way outside their remit.

Well - they license tour buses (witness my previous complaints regarding
Golden Tours which are still ongoing) under the London Service Permits
regime where they permit without consultation with residents, and then
basically wash their hands of, the outside of your property to become a
bus parking lot with incompetent reversing and engines idling for a
significant portion of the day.

Roll on the 10th of December when they are being moved elsewhere!

On the other hand I quite like the dangleway although I can't think how
I'd use it for my daily commute (which due to a sprained ankle at the
moment is about 6yds from bedroom to spare bedroom)