Old July 18th 03, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default Chiltern plans for West Hampstead

"Matthew P Jones" wrote in message
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 -
Last night (16 July) Chiltern Railways gave a presentation and
question/answer session about their plans for a new interchange station
at West Hampstead, which I went along to.

The sooner this happens the better - it is such an obvious place for an
interchange, or better interchange. Currently trying to cross the road
between the Jubilee station and North London Line station is a nightmare
- a friend of mine was almost knocked down yesterday, admittedly the
road works are not helping.

If each line serving the enlarged station offered frequent trains it
would save having to going into central London for many

I agree entirely. I always thought what a waste it is that out of 2 LU and
4 main lines in the area, only three of them actually stop there. Loads of
interchange possibilities would be created, meaning less journeys
necessitating travelling into and out of central London.

Andrew