Old April 8th 04, 09:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Watt Bob Watt is offline

Default New York's PATH meeting this Wednesday

On 08/04/2004 22:05, in article ,
"Stephen Furley" wrote:

The original station in Newark, I can't remember the name.

Park Place, IIRC. In the 70s, the swing-bridge which carried the H&M across
the Passaic River en route to Park Place was still extant. It had two
levels with RR tracks on both - the H&M was on the upper level.
Hoboken is interesting, with its views across the Hudson to Manhattan, and
its fine old copper clad ferry terminal building, long closed and now in
poor condition, but to be restored. The waiting room of the main line
station has also been restored, and reminds me of the Great Hall at the old
Euston.

In the 70s, there were two large-scale models of steam locomotives in the
waiting room - one in Erie livery, the other painted for DL&W; are they
still there ?.

One station which changed name; Pavonia Avenue. Was originally Erie (before
the Erie trains were rerouted to Hoboken). Look carefully at the decoration
on the pillars holding the roof up, and you'll see an 'E' worked into them.