Old November 11th 13, 09:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Stephen Furley[_2_] Stephen Furley[_2_] is offline

Default Elephant and Castle tube station

There are two entrances at different bits of the roundabouts system. Which
of the Bakerloo and Northern is the old LER building on the corner of
London
Road and Newington Causeway?

If I had to guess I would say Bakerloo but it would be nice to be sure.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

I'm not sure of the road names, but the modern one by the shopping Centre is
the Northern Line, and the traditional one further North is the Bakerloo.
When my mother worked in the area in the early '70s the buildings were still
identified as such, as they also were on maps. Signs in the horrible
subways still pointed to the two stations as such much more recently. For
much longer than I can remember there has been an interchange passage below
ground, so you can use either entrance.

In the Northern Line station there is a short stairway which still has some
rather attractive original C&SLR dark brown and white tiles; at least they
were still there a few years ago, I hope they still are.