Old December 17th 13, 03:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud-u-dont-like@potato.field is offline

Default Airport expansion: Heathrow runway 3 and Gatwick runway 2 constitute

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 16:40:39 +0000
Basil Jet wrote:
Apparently, Boris Island will be considered next year, but isn't on the
shortlist. How that sentence can mean anything is beyond me.

I think it translates as "We don't want to embarrass the 2nd most powerful
conservative politician in the country but pointing out that his idea would
even be too daft for Cuckoo Lands Xmas Festival of Really Stupid Ideas"

Far too expensive
Enviromental disaster
Wrong side of London for most of the population
Obstruction to shipping
Would blight key Tory constituencies
Airlines not interested anyway

--