Old April 14th 04, 02:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Marcus Fox Marcus Fox is offline

Default Upgrading GNER ticket to First Class

"Cameron Davies" wrote in message
om...
Tomorrow, I'll be travelling on the return portion of a Standard Open
Return from Peterborough-Zone 1 back north (price 56). The
equivalent any permitted First Open Return is 84 - i.e. 28 more
expensive. If I were to go to the GNER ticket office tomorrow morning
and request my return portion be upgraded/excessed to First Class, do
I just pay 14 (as the 28 difference is for the return ticket and I'm
only making the single leg)? Do I also have to pay an admin fee for
this?

If the price is only 14, then I'll definitely upgrade my ticket and
use the 1st Lounge at Kings Cross.

Last time I travelled on GNER - 3rd - I heard an announcement that said any
passenger could upgrade their ticket to travel in First for a 10
supplement, but not applicable to those holding APEX or SAR.

Marcus