Old April 16th 04, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Not Allowed To Use Pre-Pay Oyster For A Paper Ticket At Ticket Office?

In message , JGG
writes
At Uxbridge station this morning I tried to buy an off-peak one day
travelcard at the ticket office using pre-pay stored on my Oystercard.

I was told that this was "no longer allowed" and in the end handed over some
cash instead.

Was this a rogue incident or now common practice? If the latter does anyone
know why?

There is a note to this effect in the latest traffic circular,
apparently until 'later in 2004'. I have no idea why though.