Old May 25th 14, 08:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default TfL e-mail service announcements

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 May 2014 10:58:24 -0500, Recliner
wrote:

"Graham Harrison" wrote:
"Recliner" wrote in message
"Graham Harrison" wrote:
Living outside London and using my Oyster card very infrequently I
occasionally get e-mail announcements but only about major things like
strikes. If I travelled more frequently would I get more
announcements
and would they be tailored to my regular travel pattern (assuming I
had one).?

Only if you sign up for them. It doesn't auto-detect your travel
patterns.

You seem to be at odds with Paul C

I'm sure Paul knows better than me. But I don't seem to get any emails
other than on subjects I've asked for, or general London-wide
announcements.

This isn't about knowledge of TfL systems but just what I've
experienced. The vast majority of E mails from TfL are generic
(strikes or general info about an initiative) but some are clearly a
bit more focused because some analysis has been done to identify usage
against an Oyster card number and the name / E mail held on the Oyster
account.

I think I've read somewhere that TfL do some fairly basic checks on
Oyster usage patterns by mode / line / route number to help target
their E mail comms. Once they establish the new "TfL account"
concept then I suspect the themes (and volume) of communication will
expand somewhat for those who also cycle hire or pay the congestion
charge as well as use buses or the tube.

I would not be at all surprised if people have different experiences
of E Mail contact by TfL so there's little point in Mr Harrison trying
to suggest that I or anyone else are right or wrong.

--
Paul C

I wasn't trying to be deliberately provocative.