Old June 24th 14, 09:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default TfL acknowledges contactless technology risk

On 24/06/2014 20:38, Mizter T wrote:

On 24/06/2014 20:18, CJB wrote:
From RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest Tuesday 24 June 2014 Volume 28 :
Issue 04

Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 19:41:13 +0100
From: Wm redacted

Subject: London transport authority acknowledges contactless
technology risk

How many organisations have warned users of their cards about the
risks vs
how many have been discovered and reported ?

I was checking the balance on my Oyster card [1] on-line and noticed
this:

http://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments...ter/card-clash

Card clash is not news. Has been discussed in the past on utl (in
particular I recall a particularly tabloid-esque subject line from Mr
Perry).

TfL has been publicising the risk in anticipation of contactless payment
card acceptance going live across all modes (currently only available on
buses - though there's a system wide trial), however card clash has been
a possibility from the start what with people having other RFID type
cards (commonly building access cards) in their wallet / purse / pocket.

The pilot programme only covers Underground, Overground, DLR and NR
within the Oyster catchment area.