Old June 24th 14, 10:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default TfL acknowledges contactless technology risk

On 24/06/2014 20:48, Mark Bestley wrote:
[...]
Keeping your Oyster card in your wallet or purse with other cards could
cause card clash.

This all looks like commonsense to me - and I only visit the capital
occasionally.

Yes but I currently have one holder for all cards - who will pay for the
extra holders I need now?

Plastic ticket wallets can be obtained for free from ticket offices
(whilst they're still open) and I think 'Oyster Stop' newsagents

Can Tfl assure me that I get a red light and not credit the wrong card.

No.

The current system works. How can I keep it?

The system is changing, so you can't (the world changes). Many people
will find the new system - of being able to pay by contactless payment
cards (rather than Oyster) - very convenient.

If you have a contactless payment card, when CPC payments go live across
all modes (shortly), take your Oyster card out of your card holder and
use your CPC instead.