Old April 20th 04, 04:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Dominic Dominic is offline

Default Modern DC EMUs

"Lee Osborne" wrote in message ...

SNIP

I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but apparently the two different
manufacturers of class 465 units used different equipment layouts, and one
type of unit can operate without its trailer cars, and the other cannot, and
the two builds of vehicle cannot be mixed in one unit.

I seem to remember reading this in RAIL when the units were fairly new.

Lee

That's interesting. I wonder if the GEC Alsthom sets are the ones that
can operate as 2 car units, since GEC Alsthom built the 2 car class
466 units. There's a great history of the Networkers at
http://www.semg.org.uk/gallery/class465_1.html

Dominic