Old April 21st 04, 11:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Level Crossings on busy lines

"Richard J." wrote in message

I'm interested in level crossings on busy lines.
One of these is on Vine Road in Barnes, which also
has another a few yards away crossing the Hounslow
Loop. As the latter has at least another 8tph, car
drivers on that road have 25 tph to contend with.

This part of the Hounslow Loop presumably has freight trafic as well, since
there is a curve at Kew Bridge specifically for it.

The only other road which would seem to come close to Vine Lane is Bollo
Lane, which also has two level crossings.

Incidentally, the level crossing at Lincoln Road (Enfield) is closed to cars
at nights and all day Sunday. I think the one in Park Lane near Theobalds
Grove station might be as well.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped