Old October 21st 14, 10:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default October half-term - 50% off all SWT off-peak day returns!

On 21/10/2014 19:09, Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:

Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/halfterm.aspx
This October half-term enjoy 50% off SWT standard off-peak day return
tickets every day from Saturday 25 to Friday 31 October 2014.

And a minor rant because one of my old schools doesn't have half-term that
week but instead this one. And the others my sister, my neighbours and I
variously went to have a fortnight this week and next. Though as we all left
school in the 1990s (and I only know the term dates from mini-research on
why letting schools set their own is a bad thing for any family with any
connection to more than one school - in my day things were even worse) it
doesn't actually matter to any of us now.

But would a parent whose children have the wrong week off have any legal
basis for a discrimination complaint? And would the outcome be different for
those off in the wrong week vs those with a fortnight that does cover the
week of the offer?

Er, seriously... if so, how does no sound?

Most schools in SWT's 'catchment area' (to use a scholastic phrase) are
on half-term for the 27th to 31st.

One can try and find the exceptions via this tool if one fancies (though
it now works with a postcode only, the old direct.gov.uk site accepted
local authority names as well):
https://www.gov.uk/school-term-holiday-dates