Old April 24th 04, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Modern DC EMUs

In article ,
(Clive D. W. Feather) wrote:

In article
, Colin
Rosenstiel
Nor will any much longer. The number of ex-Connex ones up here is
growing almost daily. Saw two together this morning. The appear likely
to retain their white roofs as the only distinction from the WAGN ones.

They also have a set of longitudinal seats in them in one car, whereas
the WAGN ones are all-transverse.

Oh? In which coach and where?

At least one unit has developed a stutter: "Welcome aboard, welcome
aboard the West Anglia Great Northern service to Peterborough, to
Peterborough. Calling at Finsbury Park, Finsbury Park, Stevenage,
Stevenage, ...".

Mind, at least it doesn't say "Peederboru" in that "running out of
breath" way some of them do.

Ah! You have the advantage over me there. I only ever travel on them on
Cambridge-King's Cross services.

--
Colin Rosenstiel