Old February 11th 15, 01:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Shortened 3-car class 365 unit?

In message , at 05:18:57
on Wed, 11 Feb 2015, remarked:
According to Wikipedia, one of the trailers has the pantograph while
the other has the compressor, so I wouldn't have thought that a 3-car
was possible.

Maybe. Wikipaedia says only the TOSL has a compressor. That doesn't seem
right. I thought two compressors were mandatory these days. Roland
suggested

I hadn't noticed the "single compressor" issue when I wrote that.

elsewhere that the TOSL (with the disabled loo) was detachable though we
couldn't think why it might be done.

My question remains whether a single compressor is acceptable these days.

What? In that this allegedly removable carriage has just one (which if
removed would give zero) or is there a second one somewhere which would
be the sole one if that carriage was removed.