Old February 16th 16, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Goblin to close for Electrification work

On 2016\02\15 17:17, Robin9 wrote:
Jarle Hammen Knudsen;153725 Wrote:
How will the bridge at Bakers Arms be affected?

--
jhk

---

I doubt that it will be affected other than having overhead
cables and stanchions installed. The bridges which need a
re-build are, I assume, those which go over the railway and
currently do not provide adequate head room.

I wonder if, when the platforms are prepared for longer trains, the
entire platform will be re-furbished or only enough for 4-car trains.
Many of the platforms are long enough for 6-car trains. It might
be a short-sighted approach to cater only for 4-car trains.

I'm surprised they are not making them 5-car so they can pool spare
units with the North London Line (I assume they are connected at Clapham
Junction).