Old March 31st 16, 09:19 AM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Corfield[_2_] View Post
On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 17:57:08 +0200, Robin9
wrote:

'Basil Jet[_4_ Wrote:
;154837']I say "creation" because the station is little more than a
staircase
down to a platform at the moment.

http://tinyurl.com/zu59gr4

I've never used Acton Main Line Station although I've passed through
it on numerous occasions. Apart from the Crossrail impetus, was the
station anyway in need of improvement?

I'd say yes - it is typical of a dire inner London suburban station
that suffered the worst ravages of BR cost cutting but has seen little
money spent on it since.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/SME/ht..._AML/plan.html allows you to
look round the station - place your cursor over an area and a photo
pops up. It's hardly an inviting station - imagine using it on a
freezing cold, wet Winter's evening. Ugh.

--
Paul C
Thank you for that link. Yes, it's not the most inviting station

I'd forgotten it was in Horn Lane. Without intending to, I have
always bypassed it when driving because I normally use Twyford
Avenue and Noel Road.