Old July 3rd 16, 11:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MikeS MikeS is offline

Default TfL journey planner and API

wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Jul 2016 12:54:27 +0100
MikeS wrote:
Having tired with the frustration of using TfL's new "improved" journey
planner for bus arrivals I decided to develop my own application. This

Just out of interest, what language did you use? When you say API do you
mean thet provide an actual libray API or is it just a list of HTTP GETs
that
need to be made?

It seems as if the TfL programmer assumed every stop in London has a
unique name (as opposed to stop or Naptan code) and therefore returned
only the first hit from a search (31 is the smallest nuber in the list).
It seems inconceivable that the TfL developers have not tested this
aspect of the search engine but they should either fix it immediately or
withdraw it. Given the way many people must use the planner, especially
visitors to London, it is irresponsible to leave it as it is.

The programmer was probably some useless code monkey in bangalore working
for a
company that made the cheapest bid because they hire the sort of idiots
for
peanuts who couldn't get a job anywhere else.

--
Spud

Initially using Visual Basic on a PC - the easiest way to investigate their
API.
Look here to start with: https://api.tfl.gov.uk/