Old October 19th 16, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Guy Gorton[_3_] Guy Gorton[_3_] is offline

Default Spurs agree to pay TfL 12m to rename White Lart Lane station as

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 10:14:11 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 10:12:52 +0100
Basil Jet wrote:
And since White Hart Lane is famous as the home of Spurs, you have to
wonder why Spurs aren't happy with the current name. There can be few
people who do not see the words "White Hart Lane" on a tube map and
think of Spurs. I doubt if they would have paid tuppence to rename it
before the line went on the tube map a couple of years ago.

I suppose its no dafter than Gillespie Road being renamed as Arsenal back in
the day. Wonder how much that cost. Can't say I agree with it - what makes
football so important that a club can have a station renamed after it? Why not
rename other stations Ikea or Asda while they're at it? Also a growing number of
people consider football a boring irrelevance these days, I can't help thinking
TfL is stuck in the past.

Not Ikea or Asda but what about Bicester Village? But it is more than
a name change - a new station essentially to serve Bicester Village
shopping centre replacing Bicester Town The station is much nicer
than the Village!
Football a boring errelevance certainly - the most boring bit of
Showbiz.

Guy Gorton