Old December 10th 16, 10:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Diesel ban in 4 cities steps up pressure for ban in London

In message , at 16:53:09 on Fri, 9 Dec
2016, Neil Williams remarked:

And get rid of black cabs in their current form. They are large,
polluting and utterly unnecessary for anyone other than those of
limited mobility

They are also useful for people who don't know London like the back of
their hand, in bad weather, and when public transport has shut for the
night. I rarely use black cabs myself, but the last one was to and from
an evening dinner (full dress), in the Winter rain, to a banqueting
location I'd not heard of before, but turned out to be near Horse Guards
Parade.