Old May 8th 17, 04:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default GOBLIN: FURTHER ELECTRIFICATION WORK.

David C wrote:
On Mon, 08 May 2017 12:02:19 +0100, Recliner
wrote:

On Sat, 6 May 2017 08:53:45 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Since Network Rail's failure to complete the
electrification work between Woodgrange Road and
Gospel Oak during the recent several months closure
of the line, rumours have floated around the Internet
that a second blockade will take place in August. I have
found no confirmation of that from either Network Rail
or TfL.

This afternoon I noticed that in the past few days more
masts have been erected in the Leytonstone section of the
route, and that several more are strewn alongside the track.

Tomorrow the entire Goblin is closed. I assume that this is
to enable more masts to be installed.

I thought the big short-term project which required line closures was
fixing the two sewers they penetrated, or has that been completed?

Can't masts be erected while the line is open?

Probably not, the route from from Woodgrange Park to Walthamstow is
elevated above ground level & mostly on a continuous brick viaduct.
If one line could be closed it might be possible to erect the masts
from a rail-mounred vehicle, but the passenger service would have to
be cut back, perhaps to one TPH each way.

So probably done overnight or when sections of the line are closed at
weekends.