Old May 24th 17, 08:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David C[_2_] David C[_2_] is offline

Default East Thames views

On Tue, 23 May 2017 15:22:44 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Most people are very familiar with the Thames in central London, but few
venture east of Greenwich. Last Saturday I decided to see what I was
missing, going on a guided boat trip down the river. It's an environment
that's changing rapidly, with much of the old industrial landscape being
replaced by colourful new buildings.

I've uploaded a few pictures:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...57681056279214

One thing that struck me was how busy the river is with passenger boats
between Westminster and Greenwich, but you don't see many further east.

The Princess Pocahontas Criuse into London from Gravesend might be of
interest.

They stop at Greenwich pier in both directions & usually continue into
Central London to Chelsea, but the exact turning point is somewhat
dependant on tides.

Departure from Gravesend in app. 1030, returning at 17/1730 'ish, &
Gravesend Station is about 10/15 minutes walk, with frequent services
to St. Pancras or London Bridge.

I've done this trip myself & it was entertaining.

DC

---