Old May 24th 17, 10:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tony Dragon Tony Dragon is offline

Default 60+ London Oyster photocard.

On 14-May-17 11:21 PM, wrote:
Today is my birthday. It's a long time since I have looked forward to a birthday, over fifty years, I remember hating birthday parties up to my last one when I was six. When I was seven they decided that I was old enough to decide for myself that I didn't want one.

This year however I have actually been looking forward to my birthday, and the most useful and valuable birthday present that I have ever received, the 60+ London Oyster photocard.

Remarkably it's valid on national rail services after 9:30 on Monday to Friday, with no evening peak restriction as far as I can tell, and on most other public transport networks in London at any time.

I lost out in my younger days, having to pay full fares from age 14; no student discounts etc in those days.

Decided to go for a ride this afternoon; this is where I went:

405 bus from Coulsdon to West Croydon

Train from West Croydon to London Bridge

Jubilee Line from London Bridge to Stratford

DLR from Stratford to Cutty Sark

368 Bus from Greenwich to Woolwich

54 bus from Woolwich to Elmers End

Intended to catch the tram from Elmers End to East Croydon but it's not running today, so had to use the replacement bus to East Croydon

Train from East Croydon to Coulsdon Town

Does anyone else remember what they did with one of these on their first day?

Went to work as usual, but it cost a lot less.

---