Old June 30th 17, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default Video shows cyclist pulling emergency engine sto

On 29/06/2017 22:46, Clive Page wrote:
On 27/06/2017 13:33, d wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 04:41:26 -0700 (PDT)
Offramp wrote:
On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 10:59:50 UTC+1, wrote:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-emergency-eng

ne-stop-on-bus-as-revenge-for-aggressive-pass-a3571621.html

What a git.

That bus did pass damn close, but it doesn't justify inconveniencing the
passengers on it.

As an aside, I wonder if pushing the emergency stop on a hybrid
prevents the
electric motors being used too?

As a cyclist I have many times seen aggressive and dangerous behaviour
by bus drivers and have many times been sorely tempted, on catching up
with them, to do just the same, but never did. I applaud his courage in
expressing his displeasure. I just hope the bus driver learns his lesson.

Would you also applaud direct action by users of public transport to
express their displeasure when cyclists fail to stop at crossings,
assert their right to use the pavement (whether or not designated for
shared use), ride at speed aggressively, and cycle on platforms and
concourses?

--
Robin