Old July 16th 17, 11:19 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
e27002 aurora[_2_] e27002 aurora[_2_] is offline

Default Class 345 - Elizabeth Line

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 04:55:39 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

On 2017\07\14 18:45, Chris Date (CMPD) wrote:
Managed to get out of the Friday morning meeting earlier with 30 mins to spare to get to Stratford for the daily Elizabeth Line unit working.

I arrived on the Central Line at 10:41, it pulled in cross-platform at 10:42. Perfect timing!

Photos:

https://twitter.com/cmpd_date/status/885811382662438913

The nice driver(s) even let me take some photos in the cab at Shenfield:

https://twitter.com/cmpd_date/status/885817575158009857

Overall, I give the train a 8/10, the interior décor is a bit too dark (too much grey) and the seats are more akin to the rock-hard Overground 378s rather than the comparatively softer LUL S Stock but otherwise well done to all involved.

Thanks.

The moquette is crap. The coats of arms of Greater London, City Of
London, Essex, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire would have made more of a
statement.

Doubt this sort of detail is possible on moquette. It would be great
to have the coats of arms somewhere on the trains. But, my preference
would be Middlesex as opposed to Great London.

Of greater concern is the longitudinal hard seating. Within my memory
commuters from Twyford had compartment stock and conveniences on
board. Progress NOT.