Old July 17th 17, 10:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
BirchangerKen BirchangerKen is offline

Default London trip report.

On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 18:42:06 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message
-sept
ember.org, at 16:07:51 on Mon, 17 Jul 2017, Recliner
remarked:

In other news, took my first ride on a TfL Rail train into Liverpool St,
and was dismayed by a "no alcohol" policy. And there weren't even any
football supporters on the train. Welcome to 1920's USA.

All TfL trains and buses have had no a no-alcohol policy for almost a
decade.

Not something which makes any sense out in the wilds of Essex in the
daytime.

why not?

the mess caused by people discarding drinking containers has to be cleared
up wherever you are

I can only imagine you'd been drinking when you posted this.

There's no prohibition on food being consumed on TfL. McDonalds and
KFC detritus is far more of a problem that any alcohol containers in
any train I've ever been on. There are plenty of discarded cans, but
they almost always contained soft drinks, not a fine sustaining
beverage. There are also plenty of abandoned coffee cups.

But I repeat what I've said in in this thread and elsewhere. Punish,
and prohibit, behaviour where needed. Acting antisocially - and
that includes leaving litter - should be dealt with. Minding your own
business doing something that in a small minority of cases could lead
to antisocial behaviour should never be proscribed in a free society.